Tuesday, November 21, 2006

my life is complete!

Guess what I got asked to do this year?? Being the last...well one of two last artists at Saffire, I was asked to do a Christmas card!! My life is complete! During my 8 years at Saffire I've seen a few Christmas cards be created...most everyone at Avalanche has had a turn, and now, by default, Lael joins the ranks of the Christmas card creators!! Anyway, I've got a rough version to show...may work on it a little more, I'd love some feedback if anyone wants to help me out a little.


Alex asked me to make this slightly altered version...he got a real kick out of it!?

9 comments:

Todd Harris said...

sweeet, love the altered version. great job on the card, man.

Jess Cook said...

I love the concept. I love the xmas lights on the house and the glow effects you have coming off of the slay. The only thing I can suggest is the middle house in the backgroung, to have a light on in a window or something else to give it more life. Other than that I love it. I am from Price, UT. My wife and I are good friends with Brent and Larel.

Ken Chandler said...

Great card! What a cute scene, nice atmosphere-- I liked Santa's Logo too! I didn't know he had a logo... cool!

I laughed when I saw the altered version, but missed the snow falling, and the fact that he wasn't writing his name in the snow so Santa wouldn't forget it. Great jorb!

milo said...

Awesome work! The revised one is hilarious! I almost didn't see it.lol Keep em comin!:OP

Dave McClellan said...

Welome to the club, brother Lael. I vote for the second one.

Adrian Lubbers said...

That's great. He just needs his little but to be hanging out his P.J.'s. Great work.

Unknown said...

Hooray for Pee! Lovin it Lael! Very traditional and full of color.

Unknown said...

HA !! HA !! Nice painting!

Kevin Keele said...

Nice job, Lael.