I'm not sure why I started this...I really don't have the time. But I ran across this poor old bug a while back and it was only $450, so I thought I'd bring it back to life. It is a '62, and bugs that have been around that long in Utah are usually fairly rusty. This one is no exception. I've never welded before, so the first step was to buy a welder. I found a very nice used welder, and have now started it...learning as I go.
here is a shot of the poor little beast
and here is some of the rust...this finial shot is some of the progress...still a lot of grinding left, but with a little body work this section is solid, and should look ok when I'm done!!
now hopefully you can understand why I haven't posted much art lately...been doin' "garage stuff"